or book online here
Follow these easy tips to enjoy a happier and healthier smile.
1. Brush consistently at least twice a day, and especially last thing at night.
2. Make sure you brush your teeth properly, spending at least two minutes cleaning all tooth surfaces thoroughly.
3. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush as anything harder can damage your tooth enamel.
4. Don’t forget to clean your tongue, brush it gently with your toothbrush, or use a special scraper.
5. Daily flossing is extremely important, cleaning right between your teeth where your toothbrush cannot reach.
6. Use a fluoridated toothpaste, and afterwards, spit but don’t rinse as this will leave a thin layer of fluoride ions coating your teeth and protecting them.
7. Keep well hydrated by drinking plenty of water, and water also helps rinse away some loose food particles and harmful bacteria.
8. Avoid sugary and acidic drinks like sports drinks and fruit juices, and fizzy drinks. These can damage your tooth enamel very quickly, so drink it through a straw to minimise contact with your teeth if you do have one.
9. Eating crunchy fruits and vegetables that are high in fibre helps to scrub your tooth surfaces, although this isn’t a substitute for brushing your teeth.
10. Be sure to come and see us twice yearly for your checkups and cleanings.
Do you have bad breath under your face mask?
Are Your Springtime Allergies Affecting Your Oral Health?